Plugin Author: Team Updraft
WordPress profile: Team Updraft
Last updated: November 16, 2017 (2 days ago)
Tested up to (WP version): WP 4.9
Rating: 5 (out of 5)
With MetaSlider, you can create your own unique, SEO-optimized slideshow in a matter of seconds!
With WordPress’ most popular slider plugin, enhancing your blog or website couldn’t be easier: simply select images from your WordPress Media Library, drag and drop them into place, and then set the slide captions, links and SEO fields all from one page.
Choose one of 4 different slideshow types, and use our provided short-code or template to embed the slideshows.
Included slideshow types:
- Flex Slider 2 – responsive, 2 transition effects, carousel mode
- Nivo Slider – responsive, 16 transition effects, 4 themes
- Responsive Slides – responsive & incredibly light weight
- Coin Slider – 4 transition effects
- Simple, easy to use interface – perfect for individual users, developers & clients!
- Create Responsive, SEO-optimized slideshows in seconds
- Unrestricted support for Image slides (supports caption, link, title text, alt text)
- Full width slideshow support
- Drag and drop slide reordering
- Admin preview
- Intelligent image cropping
- Set image crop position
- Built in Widget and Shortcode
- Loads of slideshow configuration options – transition effect, speed etc (per slideshow)
- Fully localized
- WordPress Multi Site compatible
- Compatible with translation plugins (WPML, PolyLang & qTranslate)
- Extensive Developer API (hooks & filters)
- Free basic support (covering installation issues and theme/plugin conflicts)
- Lightbox support with the MetaSlider Lightbox addon
* Simple and intuitive interface – perfect for individual users, developers & clients!
* Creatively responsive
* Unrestricted full-width support for image slides, including captions, links, title texts and alt. texts.
* Includes drag and drop slide reordering, intelligent image cropping, set image crop position.
* Multiple slideshow configuration options (e.g. for speed,
* Has Admin Preview
* Includes Admin preview, plus built-in Widget and Short-code
* Fully localized
* WordPress Multi-site compatible, and
* compatible with translation plugins (WPML, PolyLang & qTranslate)
* Developer Friendly, with extensive hooks & filters
* Includes free basic support (covering installation issues and theme/plugin conflicts).
The MetaSlider Pro includes added support for:
- YouTube & Vimeo slides
- HTML slides
- Layer slides with CSS3 animations & HTML5 Video backgrounds
- Dynamic Post Feed/Featured Image Slides (content slider)
- Custom Themes
- Thumbnail Navigation
- Premium Support
Read more and thanks to:
Find out more at https://www.metaslider.com
Follow us on Twitter: @wpmetaslider
The easy way:
- Go to the Plugins Menu in WordPress
- Search for “MetaSlider”
- Click “Install”
The not so easy way:
- Upload the
ml-sliderfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Manage your slideshows using the ‘MetaSlider’ menu option
How do I include a slideshow in the header of my site?
You will need to paste the “Template Include” code into your theme (you can find this in the ‘Usage’ section underneath the slideshow settings)
- Go to Appearance > Editor in WordPress
- Edit a file called ‘header.php’ (or similar)
- Find the correct place to add it (for example above or below the logo)
- Paste in the code and save.
I only want to show the slideshow on my homepage, how can I do that?
Add the ‘restrict_to’ parameter to the shortcode, eg:
[metaslider id=XXX restrict_to=home]");
Theme specific instructions:
It’s not working – what can I do?
Check out the troubleshooting page here:
MetaSlider is cropping my images in the wrong place – what can I do?
MetaSlider - for live demos see https://www.metaslider.com/examples/
Nivo Slider example
Coin Slider example
Flex Slider example
Administration panel - selecting slides
Latest Change log entry:
- FIX: Updates various styles to retain compatibility with previous releases based upon user feedback
- FIX: Removes translation of slider brand names.
- UPGRADE NOTE: If upgrading to MetaSlider 3.6+, users of the MetaSlider Add-On pack should also upgrade that plugin to a current release (2.7.1 or later).
seo, slider, slideshow, widget, wordpress slideshow
+ Jason's Comments
I’ll apply my affiliate commission to support you, if you use my Meta Slider affiliate link to upgrade to Meta Slider Pro – Single Site License which adds support for YouTube & Vimeo slides, HTML slides, Layer slides with CSS3 animations, Dynamic Post Feed/Featured Image Slides (content slider), Custom Themes, Thumbnail Navigation, Premium Support.